ACOUSTIC OPEN MIC NIGHT/3rd THURS EVERY MONTH 8.30
20th June 2013
EVERY 3rd THURSDAY of the MONTH 8.30pm P.A PROVIDED All MUSICIANS, ALL POETS...
The history of The Millers Cottage dates back to the reign of William III (1688-1702). Built in 1695 the original building has since undergone many changes and transformations but still manages to retain much of its original charm and character.
The premises were still grinding wheat to serve its original purpose until the last Miller to occupy the cottage, one Michael Slaughter Woolett, left in 1842. It is at this time that the premises first became a public house and was registered officially as The Millers Cottage. The Millers has been licensed to sell beers, wines, and later spirits, ever since.
Now under sole ownership (Mrs Glynis Kean) The Millers Cottage is currently undergoing a full interior & exterior refurbishment and offers a fun and friendly atmosphere. Set in a quiet, rural location on Windmill Hill it is nonetheless situated just outside the town centre and only 5 minutes walk from Gravesend Central train station.
The pub offers:
- Beer gardens to front and rear
- All your sporting needs shown on Sony Bravia flat screen TVs
- Regular live music from established professional musicians
- Daytime & Evening selection of 'Millers Munchies' (See Menu)
- Evening option of eat in or takeaway (All Menus Available)
- Wide selecion of wines and spirits including Grey Goose, our speciality French vodka
- Real Ales currently Sheperds Neame Spitfire and Betty Stoggs
- Golf Society (Email or phone for more details)
- Regular Poker Nights (Email or phone for more details)
- Monthly Quiz (second Thursday of the month)
- Regular Charity Events raising money for our choosen charity ABF'Army Benevolent Fund'
- Wii Day & Night Sessions
- Karaoke Nights with 'Karaoke Extraordinaire' Micheal Luchford
- Monthly Open Mike Nights (third Thursday of the month with Judith & Bill/FiddleFit)
- Monthly Electric Jam Night with Steve Crispe (first Thursday of the month)
Live Televised Sports Courtesy Of: